Apply Now for 2020-2021 ASFW Executive Board!
The Association of Staff and Faculty Women (ASFW) is seeking nominations for the following Executive Board positions for the 2021-2021 year. All positions are a one-year term commitment, but are renewable up to three years within the same role. The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, April 15, 2020.Open positions include:
• Secretary (1 opening): Records and distributes meeting minutes; retains historical archive materials, prepares in narrative, brief, or outline form a chronological account or record of past or current events dealing with all ASFW activities.
• Advancement Chair: Fundraising (1 opening): Leads all fundraising efforts with help from Advancement Committee (including academic year, Symposium, Giving Tuesday, Campus Campaign, etc), sets goals in accordance with capacity and need of the organization; works collaboratively with Advancement Chair: Stewardship; coordinates with the communications and marketing chair on the creation of materials.
• Advancement Chair: Stewardship (1 opening): Leads stewardship and donor relations efforts with help from Advancement Committee (including sponsor appreciation, collection of logos and content for acknowledgement, adherence to benefits commitments, tracking and sharing impact, etc); works collaboratively with Advancement Chair: Fundraising; coordinates with the communications and marketing chair on the creation of materials.
• Programs Co-Chair: Pre-Event Logistics (1 opening): Work collaboratively with the President, President-Elect, and other Program Chairs to brainstorm programs and events that align with ASFW’s mission and embody the theme for the year; coordinate and manage all details regarding program planning and evaluation for at least one program per month throughout the academic year; this position is specifically responsible for the reservation of venues/locations, securing catering and orchestrating other core logistics.
• Programs Co-Chair: Content Development (1 opening): Work collaboratively with the President, President-Elect, and other Program Chairs to brainstorm programs and events that align with ASFW’s mission and embody the theme for the year; coordinate and manage all details regarding program planning and evaluation for at least one program per month throughout the academic year; this position is specifically responsible for speaker scheduling, content planning and development of marketing language.
Complete the online application here. You will also be asked to submit your resume, so please have it ready to upload. If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Kaschner, Past President at Kaschner.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources for Submitting National and International Awards
Consultation and professional support is available for preparing and submitting external academic prize/award nominations for faculty members as well as college/departmental awards committees. Contact Samantha Grevas at Grevas.email@example.com for assistance.
On May 8, more than 100 attendees joined us for the annual Ballam Women’s Symposium at the Ohio Union. It was an energizing and thoughtful conference, with amazing speakers. As always, there were many opportunities to connect with women across the university.
This year's conference kicked off with award presentations. Congratulations to our winners.
Thank you all for attending! And thanks to our sponsors, who are indispensable in helping us make the conference so engaging every year.
We want to plan programs that matter to you, so we're inviting you to provide feedback about this programming year to help us plan for the next. If you want to join or review your membership, now is a great time to get set for next year.
The Bullet Journaling event on March 12th was a great success with a sold-out crowd. Marci Walton from Residence Life led attendees through bullet journaling exercises to help attendees with goal-setting and healthy habit formations.
The Association of Staff and Faculty Women (ASFW) is seeking nominations for the following Executive Board positions for the 2019-2020 year. All positions are a one-year term commitment, but are renewable up to three years within the same role. The deadline for submissions is March 31, 2019.
Open positions include:
WELD is excited to announce Thasunda Brown Duckett, CEO, Consumer Banking, JPMorgan Chase & Co, as our 2019 Keynote Speaker! Duckett is…
Duckett oversees a banking network with more than $800 billion in deposits and investments, 5,000 branches and over 48,000 branch employees – serving 23 million households nationwide. From 2013 – 2016, Duckett was the CEO of Chase Auto Finance, one of the leading bank providers of auto financing in the country. Before Auto, Duckett served as National Retail Sales Executive for Mortgage Banking, where she managed 4,000 mortgage bankers who provide home financing to customers across the nation. Prior to joining JPMorgan Chase in 2004, Duckett was a Director of Emerging Markets at Fannie Mae, where she led the implementation of national strategies designed to increase homeownership among African Americans and Hispanics across the country.
Duckett holds a Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Marketing from the University of Houston and an MBA from Baylor University. She is married, has four children and resides with her family in Connecticut.
Join WELD for an evening of inspiration where Thasunda Brown Duckett will share her captivating story of leadership and life lessons she learned on the road to becoming CEO while managing life at home and the foundation she established in her parents’ name. She’ll also discuss the importance of an inclusive and diverse workforce where employees feel empowered to make a difference.
Thursday, March 21, 2019
Hilton Downtown Columbus
5:30pm - 6:30pm
6:30pm - 8:30pm
Contact Barb Smoot for sponsorship information.
WELD December Emerging Professionals' Series
The Power of Appreciation and Love
Meet 2018 Woman WELDing the Way®, Sally Cleary Griffiths, engineer, writer, mentor, community leader, and recently retired Manager of IT Production Services at Battelle! Join WELD for our December program where Sally uses the 5 languages of appreciation/love at work/home to bring harmony to her work and world.
In our discussion, we will talk about how you can customize appreciation in the workplace to motivate staff, managers, and coworkers so they will want to come to work and contribute with their best efforts. Also learn how to speak your loved ones' love languages to keep those relationships alive and well. Think about how much you and others can achieve if you are happy and your home and work lives are working in harmony!
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Kegler Brown Hill + Ritter
7:30am - 8:00am
8:00am - 9:00am
ASFW members are needed to help plan the 2019 Annual Ballam Women’s Symposium. Volunteers would meet monthly as part of the Annual Ballam Women’s Symposium Committee, a great way to build new skills while getting more involved in ASFW. Interested members should contact Shadia Jallaq for more information.